- This event has passed.
Window Solutions for Historic Rehabilitation Projects
June 8 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Presented in partnership with Marvin Windows and Doors
1 AIA LU | HSW
Complexities surround the rehabilitation of a historic building including tax credits, standards and guidelines, performance requirements, and the range of product solutions available based on the building’s condition and intended use. This course is designed to educate participants on the importance of fenestration in relation to the building’s exterior, provide best practices to be employed throughout the project and examine how Standards and Guidelines from the US Department of Interior are applied to window repair or window replacement.
Presented by Bob Dudish, CDT, Architectural Project Manager
Provider Name: Marvin Windows and Doors
Provider #: J044
Course #: HistoricWRehab
– Discover why fenestration is important and many times challenging during a historic rehabilitation process.
– Identify technologies, resources and best practices to assist you throughout a historic rehabilitation project.
– Apply concepts of window restoration as defined within US Dept. of Interior Standards and Guidelines to assess existing windows and determine rehabilitation project outcomes.
– Consider solutions to restore, repair or replace windows and challenges of each for historic tax credit purposes.
– Illustrate best practices and insights thru case studies.