Terms and Conditions and Privacy
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions: “client”, “you” and “your” refers to you, the person on this Website and compliant to the Company’s Terms and Conditions. “Inform Magazine”, “The Company”, “ourselves”, “we”, “our” and “us”, refers to our Company, AIA Virginia. “Party”, “Parties”, or “us”, refers to both the client and ourselves.
This Website is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with the Company and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions
We may revise and update these Terms and Conditions from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and apply to all access to and use of the Website thereafter.
Your continued use of the Website following the posting of revised Terms and Conditions means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page from time to time so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you.
Intellectual Property Rights
Unless otherwise stated, AIA Virginia and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material in Inform Magazine and on the Website, including all contents, features, and functionality. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access Inform Magazine for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in these Terms and Conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from Inform Magazine or the Website
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from Inform Magazine or the Website
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from Inform Magazine or the Website
- Redistribute content from Inform Magazine or the Website
- Modify or create derivative works of any material from Inform Magazine or the Website
Parts of this Website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the Website (“Comments”). Inform Magazine does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the Website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of Inform Magazine, its agents and/or affiliates. You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any Comments you submit or contribute, and you, not the Company, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, Inform Magazine shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this Website.
Inform Magazine reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate or offensive, cause breach of these Terms and Conditions, or for any reason whatsoever.
You warrant and represent that:
- You are entitled to post the Comments on our Website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- The Comments do not violate any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark right of any third party;
- The Comments do not contain any defamatory, libelous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material; and
- The Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
- The Comments do and will comply with these Terms and Conditions.
You hereby grant Inform Magazine a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online directory distributors may link to our Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the Websites of other listed businesses; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our Website.
These organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve link requests from other types of organizations.
We may approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorable to ourselves or to our accredited businesses; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of Inform Magazine; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
With Inform Magazine’s approval, these organizations may link to our home page, to publications or to other Website information so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are not a pre-approved organization and are interested in linking to our website, you must inform us by sending an email to Inform Magazine at email@example.com. Please include your name, your organization name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our Website as follows:
- By use of our corporate name; or
- By use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of Inform Magazine’s name, slogans, logo or designs or artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark or copyright license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around our Webpages that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our Website.
We shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on your website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims arising on your website. No link(s) should appear on any website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third-party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to require you to remove all links or any particular link to our Website. You agree to immediately remove all links to our Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and it’s linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to our Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these Terms and Conditions.
Removal of links from our Website
If you find any link on our Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you.
We do not ensure that the information on this Website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the Website remains available or that the material on the Website is kept up to date.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for both:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
- Ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions and comply with them.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any username, password, or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
You may use the Website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You agree not to use the Website:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material without our prior written consent, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or social media identifiers associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Website, or for any other purpose not expressly authorized in these Terms and Conditions, without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website
Disclaimer of Warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to our Website and the use of this Website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the Website and the information and services on the Website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
All matters relating to the Website and these Terms and Conditions, and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto (in each case, including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction).
Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of, or related to, these Terms and Conditions or the Website shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia, in each case located in the City of Richmond, although we retain the right to bring any suit, action, or proceeding against you for breach of these Terms and Conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
The Information We Collect:
- Personally Identifiable Information
- Log Files
Inform Magazine follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
- Cookies and Web Beacons
Inform Magazine uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the Website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
- Our Advertising Partners
Note that Inform Magazine has no access to or control over cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
How We Use the Information We Collect:
We only use your information as permitted by law. We may use your information to:
- Communicate with you including via email and our newsletters;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights;
- Provide you with access to the Website;
- Obtain your feedback on the Website;
- Statistically analyze user behavior and activity;
- Improve the Website or our marketing program;
- Provide you and others with more relevant content; and
- Provide you with user support for the Website.
Who We Share Your Information With:
We may share or transfer information you provide to us or that we collect on the Website with other businesses that we acquire, are acquired by, or with which we merge or partner. In the course of doing business, we may share your information with third parties with whom we contract to support our activities. We may also determine we need to share your information with law enforcement to (a) comply with the law or with legal process, (b) protect and defend our rights and property, (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Website, (d) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public, or (e) in the event of bankruptcy proceedings.
Retention of Your Information and Data:
We may retain your questions and feedback in order to improve the Website. Do not send us any information, ideas, suggestions, proposals or comments that you consider confidential or that you wish to be treated as confidential.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
We will undertake reasonable steps to protect all information, including PII, from unauthorized or accidental access, disclosure, misuse or processing, or from alteration, destruction, or loss. However, because no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of information you submit to us.
The Website is hosted in the United States and is intended for users in the U.S. If you are a consumer accessing the Website from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from U.S. laws, your continued use of the Website, which is governed by U.S. law and these terms, indicates your consent to transfer of your personal information to the U.S.
Inform Magazine does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will endeavor to promptly remove such information from our records.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY)
Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of customers’ PII with third parties. These businesses are required to accept requests for disclosures of these policies from customers but are only required to honor one request per calendar year. Businesses have thirty (30) days to respond to each inquiry to the designated address. Each inquiring customer will receive an explanation of the categories of customer information shared and the names and addresses of any third-party businesses. In limited circumstances, customers’ failure to submit requests in the manner specified will not require a response from the business.
If you are a California resident, you may request such information from us by sending a letter to the address listed below. In your letter, please provide your name, address and email address, as well as a request that we provide such information to you, by using the following or similar language, “I request that Inform Magazine provide its third-party information sharing disclosures required by section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code.”
2201 W. Broad Street, Suite 207
Richmond, VA 23220